MBBS IN Bangladesh
Study MBBS in Bangladesh
With the 25 public universities and 50 private universities for medical education, MBBS in Bangladesh is a good choice for Indian students. It is one of the low-cost MBBS programs among foreign countries for Indian citizens.
Students have to clear the eligibility criteria of the government of Bangladesh for MBBS admission in Bangladesh. According to the eligibility criteria of Bangladesh, they choose the best of the students which improve the quality of MBBS in Bangladesh.
The quality of teaching of Bangladeshi Medical Universities reflects by the MCI passing percentage of MBBS in Bangladesh which is quite higher than any other country, i.e. 27-30%.
Apart from the quality, the cost of MBBS in Bangladesh is also a positive point. The fees of MBBS course in universities in Bangladesh is very low as it comes under the SAARC quota admission criteria.
The students who graduate from the best medical universities in Bangladesh are eligible to appear for major tests like the USMLE, PLAB; the screening examination conducted by MCI and can practice in any country across the globe.
Complete information about MBBS in Bangladesh
MBBS in Bangladesh – Highlights
Last Date to Apply March
Basic Eligibility 10+2 (PCB) with 50%
IELTS & TOEFL Not Required
NEET Exam Yes, it is compulsory
Minimum Course Fee $ 6600 Per Year
Maximum Course Fee $ 10000 Per Year
MBBS Course Duration (in Years) 5+1 with Internship
Recognition of Universities MCI & WHO
Medium of Education English language
MBBS in Bangladesh: Intake
Application Start Date March
Last Date of Application June/July
Course Commences From September/October
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Bangladesh (Indian Students)
· In top private & medical colleges of Bangladesh, 25% of seats are reserved for Indian students, hence there are more opportunities for them in Bangladesh.
· If the students belonging to SAARC nation, then the students don't have to pay any tuition fee for medicine course in Bangladesh, hence they have to pay only for living cost.
· The medium of instruction to study MBBS in Bangladesh is fully English, hence there is no need for any language training.
· Every top medical universities in Bangladesh are recognized by MCI & WHO, which make them globally acknowledged.
· There is a direct admission to MBBS course in Bangladesh without any donation or capitation fees.
· No entrance exam required for MBBS admission in most of medical universities.
· Students get an opportunities to do 1 year internship in some of the best private & government hospitals.
· Practical and training methods are used to improve the skills of the students.
· Affordable tuition fee for studying MBBS in Bangladesh.
Recognition of Bangladesh MBBS Universities
The mentioned universities are top universities in Bangladesh. These are the only medical colleges which are approved & recognized by the higher authorities:
The Bangladeshi Medical Universities are recognized by:
Medical Council of India
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Course in Bangladesh
We will take you through the simple admission procedure & on behalf of you we will perform every process of admission honestly. You just need to submit all the required documents to us.
Students scoring good marks in 10+2 exam will be given an opportunity to obtain scholarship in Bangladesh medical universities.
We assure your admission to medical universities in Bangladesh, if you are eligible for below criteria:
There should not be gap of more than 2 years after completing 12th education.
The students must have 60% in 12th standard in (PCB).
Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC & HSC should be as per instruction of government of Bangladesh.
All medical students have to clear NEET exam with good marks.
Admission Procedure to Study MBBS in Bangladesh
Step 1: Fill the application form/ or get it filled by online staff of institutes.
Step 2: Submit the scan copies of your passport, and other necessary documents.
Step 3: Collect the admission letter from university.( Within 10 working days)
Step 4: After the confirmation of admission, the immigration procedure shall be started.
Step 5: Visit the Bangladesh Embassy in Delhi after receiving the invitation letter (within one month).
Step 6: Check, Evaluate and authenticate every document before applying for visa.
Documents Required for MBBS Admission in Bangladesh
Following documents are required to complete your admission process. Let’s check them out:
· Xerox of valid passport
· 8 passport size recent photos (4.5 * 3.5)
· All the documents must be attested by competent authority i.e, the education minister of respective country and also by the Bangladesh Mission Abroad.
· Students have to submit all their original documents during their admission.
Study Pattern for MBBS in Bangladesh
In Bangladesh, the years and course are known as “Phase”. After completing all four phases, students need to go for 1 year of internship in Bangladesh. This internship in Bangladesh is optional for the Indian students.
The study pattern of Bangladeshi medical colleges is similar to Indian medical colleges and MCI.
What is the SAARC Quota Admission?
· The SAARC Quota Admission criteria state that if a student taking admission in Bangladesh for MBBS contains the SAARC nation’s nationality, then he/she can get admission without paying the tuition fees.
· The cost of living in Bangladesh is very low as compared to other countries.
· The student needs to pay for living costs.
· But the twist is that the student needs to secure 95% in 12th class examination.
MCI Passing Percentage of MBBS in Bangladesh
Every student who is pursuing a medical degree from abroad has to clear the MCI screening test to practice in India.
Bangladesh has a good history of MCI screening test results.
The MCI Passing percentage of the students completing their MBBS from Bangladeshi universities is more than 30%.
Bangladesh holds the first position with this result. Other countries like Georgia, the Philippines, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and other countries have the passing percentage of MCI screening test between 19-25%.
Is it Worth to Study MBBS in Bangladesh?
Quality of infrastructure and education are truly remarkable in comparison to other developing countries.
All private and government hospitals are completely well-equipped with great infrastructure and modern technology.
The cost of living in Bangladesh is very low as compared to other countries.
The medical students are able to attend various international seminars and conferences throughout the course.
There is a Working opportunities after completing the course of MBBS in Germany.
Accommodation provided with all necessary facilities by medical universities.
Safety and security of foreign students is ensured by the campus.
Duration of MBBS (MD) Course in Bangladesh
Course duration of MBBS in Bangladesh is 5 years with clinical & electives.
MBBS course structure in Bangladesh: Semester is divided into 3 phases:
What are the Disadvantages of Studying Medicine Course in Bangladesh?
Though there are not severe disadvantages, it is like a challenge for students. And challenges are meant to be tackled. So following are some demerits while studying MBBS in Bangladesh:
Students need to learn native languages to diagnose patients.
Bangladesh is quite similar to Indian culture and weather, so there is not much exploring experience abroad.
There is no nightlife like parties and pubs.
MBBS in Bangladesh - Is it Safe for Indian Students?
Bangladesh is totally a dry country, so it is safe for Indian students as no alcohol or any kind of drugs is available in this country.
Safety and security of foreign students is ensured by the campus and government of Bangladesh.
Although, the crime rates in Bangladesh against the international students are very low.
After Completing MBBS from Bangladesh
After completing MBBS from Bangladesh, students need to clear the MCI screening test or the screening test of the country where they want to have a career. After clearing the screening test following are the opportunities one can have:
Do PG in India/abroad
Practice as a surgeon in the hospital
Practice in any Government hospital
Practice as a private surgeon
Give lectures in medical colleges in India and hospitals as a professor
Join government health organizations for planning health issues of the country
Various government jobs as health officers
Hostel Facilities for Indian Students during MBBS in Bangladesh
The medical universities are fully residential.
Every student can occupy their vacant seats in hostel.
Hostels are provided with facilities like dining room, TV, gymnasium, games & many more.
Whole hostel campus is covered with CCTV cameras & security guards, as safety is first priority for all students
Bangladesh has a subtropical rainstorm atmosphere described by wide seasonal varieties in rainfall, temperature and mugginess. Mostly, the seasonal climate of Bangladesh is likely associated with Indian climate.
Time Difference Between India & Bangladesh
The timing zone for Bangladesh is +6 GMT. (Indian time +5:30 GMT). It means that, the difference between Indian and Bangladesh climates is about half an hour.
Bangladesh is a country situated in the east of India. It is one of the most populated countries in Asia. The capital of Bangladesh is Dhaka. Bangladesh has the Padma, Jamuna and Meghna rivers which have made the beautiful fertile plains. Bangladesh has Islam as the official and maximum religion. There are also Hinduism, Buddhism, and Christianity religion with a few numbers of people. Due to the rivers in Bangladesh, traveling through the boat is very common in the country.
Apart from the information provided, here are some frequently asked questions on Quora and Careers360:
How many Indian students are studying MBBS in Bangladesh?
There are over 5000 students currently pursuing their MBBS and Dentistry course from Bangladesh.
How to get admission in Bangladesh for MBBS program?
If you want to take admission to MBBS in Bangladesh, you must know which college is best and MCI approved. You can contact us and our experienced counselors will help you to go through the hassle-free and easy admission process to any of the MCI approved colleges.
What is the cost of studying MBBS in Bangladesh?
The total cost of studying MBBS in Bangladesh for a 5 years course can sum up between $33000 - $50000 including a hostel fee. If any student fits in the criteria of SAARC Admission Quota then he/she can complete the course just by paying for their living costs, No tuition fee needs to be paid.
How many vacations does a student get for MBBS in Bangladesh?
Well, apart from Sundays and one day government holidays, students get the following vacations: 10 days for each Eid 3 days for Durga Pooja 3 days for Christmas Summer & winter vacation (this gets merged with the preparatory break for exams so it is less like a vacation)
Is MBBS degree from Bangladesh valid in India?
Yes, it is valid in India, provided that the degree is from the university which is recognized by the Medical Council of India.
Can we go MBBS studies in Bangladesh without the NEET exam?
No, the Medical Council of India has made NEET exam compulsory for MBBS abroad from 2018. One must have a valid score in NEET examination to pursue MBBS in India as well as abroad.
Is there clinical practice available and when it starts?
The clinical practice for MBBS in Bangladesh is available and it starts from the third year (third phase) of the degree.
Is there any scholarship provided in Bangladesh for students who want to study MBBS course?
No, there is no scholarship for Indian students in Bangladesh and don’t fall for fake promises of fake agents.
Can I do part-time jobs while learning in Bangladesh?
No, you are there as a student with a student visa. You cannot and should not do a job with a student visa.
MCI, NMC & WHO APPROVED MEDICAL COLLEGES FOR MBBS IN BANGLADESH
List of top Private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh (Alphabetically):
1. Ad-din women’s Medical College – Dhaka
2. Anwar khan Modern Medical College – Dhaka
3. Ashian Medical College – Dhaka
4. Bangladesh Medical College – Dhaka
5. BGC Trust Medical College – Chittagong
6. Central Medical College – Comilla
7. Community-Based Medical College – Mymensingh
8. Dhaka National Medical College -Dhaka
9. Delta Medical College – Dhaka
10. Dhaka Central International Medical College - Dhaka
11. East West Medical College – Dhaka
12. Eastern Medical College – Comilla
13. Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College -Dhaka
14. Ibn Sina Medical College – Dhaka
15. International Medical College – Gazipur
16. Jaharul Islam Medical College – Kishoreganj
17. Jalalabad Rajib Rebeya Medical College – Sylhet
18. Khawja Yunus Ali Medical College – Sirajganj
19. Kumudini Medical College – Tangail
20. Medical College for Women and Hospital – Dhaka
21. Marks Medical College –Dhaka
22. Monno Medical College – Dhaka
23. Syed Monsur Ali Medical College -Dhaka
24. Universal Medical College –Dhaka
25. Z. H. Sikder Womens Medical College –Dhaka
We Help building Careers!
Come and Join us for a Great Future !
Come and Join us for a Great Future !