Study MBBS in Georgia
Study MBBS in Georgia
‘MBBS in Georgia’ has always been an attraction for Indian students. Georgia is the most famous destination among students for medical education in abroad. MBBS in Georgia offers world class research infrastructure, quality education, and cross-cultural experience.
The experience of studying ‘MBBS in European Countries’ has always proved to be the best for Indian students and Georgia is famous for its medical education across the world.
There is a wish which every student studying medicine has is to add an international degree in their curriculum vitae. For students who wish to study MBBS in Europe, MBBS in Georgia is really worth noticeable.
At the intersection of Europe and Asia, situated is the small country known as Georgia. The Georgian medical colleges are governed by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and World Health Organization (WHO) and other medical bodies. Medical schools in Georgia offer best infrastructure and international standard of medical education.
The Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia has given accreditation to major institutions, colleges and universities in Georgia. MBBS in Georgia is also famous among medical students for its low cost medical education. Therefore, for Indian medical aspirants MBBS in Georgia could be the right choice.
Complete information about MBBS in Georgia
MBBS in Georgia - Quick Overview
This table below shows the important highlights of the MBBS course in Georgia:
Last Date to Apply August
Basic Eligibility 60% in PCB for General at 10+2 Science
40% for SC/ ST or reserve categories
NEET Exam Required, it is compulsory with qualifying marks.
IELTS and TOEFL Yes, required.
Minimum Tuition Fee Rs.2.52 Lakhs/Year
Maximum Tuition Fee Rs.5 Lakhs/Year
Cost of Living in Georgia Rs.12-15 Thousand/Month
Course Duration (In Year) 5 + 1 year Internship
Medium of Education English Language
Top Medical Universities Akaki Tsereteli State University
Tbilisi State University
Recognition of Universities MCI, WHO, WFME & many more
Benefits of Studying MBBS Course in Georgia for Indian Students
The advantages of studying MBBS in Georgia are explained below:
Medical universities in Georgia are recognized by WHO and UNESCO.
Students who study MBBS in Georgia can get the opportunity to do the experiments and clinical clerkship from 1st semester onwards. This will also help to improve student’s skills.
Students get many best options for internships or further studies within the country itself.
The universities in Georgia are well equipped with great technology and infrastructure.
All the medical universities in Georgia provide very good accommodation facilities to the students and they also make Indian food easily available for the students.
MBBS admission in Georgia is actually a very affordable option for Indian students as there are many universities which offer low cost MBBS in Georgia.
Georgia is an absolutely safe country. Students can easily travel in public transport like buses, trains etc. without any problems.
Admission process for MBBS in Georgia is quite simple. MBBS admission is based on the score in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects in the 12th standard. Students with minimum 50% marks in these subjects can take admission to MBBS in Georgia.
Outstanding international faculties.
Approximately, 50% discount on transportation for international students.
Top Medical Universities in Georgia (MCI Recognized)
Take a look at the highlights of the top-ranked MCI approved medical universities of Georgia. More than 5000 Indian students are already studying their MBBS courses here.
MBBS at Batumi Shota Rustabeli State University, Georgia
MBBS at New Vision University, Georgia
MBBS at Akaki Tsereteli State University, Georgia
MBBS at David Tvildiani Medical University, Georgia
MBBS at European University, Georgia
MBBS at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgia
MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University, Georgia
MBBS at East European University, Georgia
Recognition of Georgia Medical Universities
Georgian medical universities are recognized worldwide with the following accreditation:
Medical Council of India (MCI)
World Health Organization (WHO)
Ministry of Education, Georgia
World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)
Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER)
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students
All the Indian students have to fulfill the following criteria to take admission to MBBS degree in Georgia:
The year in which the admission is being taken, the student must be 17 years plus as on 31st December of that particular year.
The students must have completed class 12th from a recognized university or board and they must have qualified NEET exam.
Some universities have made it compulsory criteria that students must have cleared IELTS/TOEFL with good score.
The universities which do not look for IELTS or TOEFL score, arrange personal interviews for students.
For students from General category, 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology are compulsory and they must also have English as a compulsory subject at 12th level of their education. Students from SC/ST/OBC category must have 40% aggregate marks.
Admission Procedure to Study Medicine in Georgia
Follow these simple steps to take admission to Georgia’s best medical universities:
The admission procedure to medicine course in Georgia is very simple.
Step 1: Along with the required documents, students are required to fill the online application form.
Step 2: As soon as university receives the application form, it issues an offer letter. Students can deposit the fees in the bank account of the university.
Step 3: The Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia issues an accreditation letter to the students after 30 days, upon which a ministry order is received by the university and it issues an invitation letter to the students.
Step 4: Once the above procedure is complete, it takes 30 days for visa approval.
Step 5: The process of departure gets finished, once the fees get cleared.
Required Documents to get Georgia Student Visa
Make sure you have all of these documents ready for taking admission to MBBS course in Georgia:
The persons who intend to travel Georgia for study purpose, the Study visas are issued to them.
Following documents are required for obtaining a study visa:
Original passport which should be valid for one year.
Six passport size photos.
Completely filled application form for visa for students.
Admission/offer letter processing fee.
Bank statement of last six months and a copy of income tax return.
Admission or invitation letter from the university or the institution.
Photocopies of IELTS or academic score card.
Bank certificate of Rs.3-4 Lakhs and bank statement for last 3 months.
Photocopies of academics and IELTS score cards.
Two ways tickets of the student.
MBBS Course Duration in Georgia
All the medical universities in Georgia follow the same duration for the MBBS course:
To study medicine in Georgia, it requires a total of 6 years including 1 year of internship.
MBBS in Georgia: Intake
Refer the following table for the important timelines of admission process and intake in Georgia for the MBBS course:
Application Start Date March
Last Date of Application June
Course Commences From September
Note: Above mentioned information is only for the reference. Information may vary as per the University of Georgia.
Medium of Teaching while Studying MBBS in Georgia
The MBBS course in Georgian medical universities needs a duration of 6 years to complete:
The number of Georgian medical universities is approved by the Medical Council of India & World Health Organization which follows the English as a medium of instruction for the MBBS course of study.
International students can get benefit to communicate with the professors, faculties in English in terms of any queries.
MBBS in Georgia - Is it safe for Indian students?
Studying MBBS in Georgia is much safer than any other country. According to Global Peace Index, Georgia stands on 85th position, while India holds 141st rank and USA stands on 103rd position according to it.
MBBS in Georgia vs MBBS in Ukraine
These are 2 of the top options for doing your MBBS degree. Let’s see the comparison:
Particulars Georgia Ukraine
Degree MBBS MBBS
Duration 6 years 6 years
No. of MCI approved medical universities/colleges 10 17
Tuition Fee budget Rs.2.50 - 7.50 Lakh Per year Rs.2.45 - 4.90 lakh Per year
MCI Passing ratio 25.5% 19.1%
Top Medical Universities in Georgia
Following are the top listed medical universities in Georgia As per the Unirank ranking system, following are the top listed medical universities in Georgia:
Name of the University
Akaki Tsereteli State University
Caucasus International University
David Tvildiani Medical University
Geomedi State University
Tbilisi State Medical University
SEU Georgian National University
Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
East European University
New Vision University
Tbilisi Open Teaching University
Education Loan Assistance for the Indian students
We assist you with all the necessary things regarding the admission process. The education loan being one of them:
As per the norms & regulations of the University Grants Commission (UGC), students will get an education loan on account of the course of study under the guidance of the Ministry of Finance, Indian Bank Association (IBA) & Department of higher education.
We will assist you in finding the information about the education loan provided by UGC.
Salient features of this scheme are:
· The scheme offers the loan up to 7.5 lakhs for studying in India & Rs 15 lakhs for studying abroad.
· The loan is to be repaid after the completion of studies over a period of 5 to 7 years with a provision of grace period of one year.
The deduction will be valid for a maximum of 8 years from the day you start repaying. The loan is provided only for higher education. For post graduate & professional studies may claim an additional deduction.
Career Options (After Completion of MBBS Degree)
After completing an MBBS degree from Georgia’s MCI approved top MBBS universities students have vast career options:
· The demand of MBBS is increasing day by day as the diseases are increasing worldwide. Also it is not going to end up in the nearer future. Therefore, students have a bright and successful career after MBBS in Georgia.
· All the international bodies including European council, WHO and UNESCO are the government bodies whose accreditation has been given to the MBBS in Georgia. Thus, a MBBS degree in Georgia is recognized worldwide. Students who have taken their medical degree from Georgia can practice in any country, but for that they should give MCI Screening Test.
· Georgian universities pay a significant attention on different qualities that a doctor should have and which will also help students to develop better career prospect and success, those qualities are
PG Options after Completing MBBS Degree from Georgia
MBBS graduates from Georgian Medical Universities can:
· Practice in UK after qualifying PLAB examination.
· Practice in US after qualifying USMLE
· Practice in India after clearing NEXT exam
· Practice in Australia after AMC
· Join a PG program in Germany
Address of Georgia Embassy in India
169, Jor Bagh Colony Rd,
Jor Bagh, New Delhi,
Here are some interesting things about Georgia:
· Georgia is a country located in the Caucasus region of Eurasia or at the crossroads or intersection of Europe and Asia. There are around 4 million people living in the country.
· The country of Georgia is surrounded by Russia from North and Turkey and Armenia from South. The west boundary of Georgia is bounded by the black sea. From the southeast the country is bounded by the Azerbaijan.
· The largest city of Georgia is Tbilisi which is the capital of Georgia.
· Georgian (nationwide) and Abkhazian (Abkhazian AR) are the official language of Georgia. The Mingrelian, Svan and Bats are the recognized regional languages of Georgia.
· Some of the Europe’s highest mountain peaks, are located in Georgia. The ‘Caucasus mountains’ is the name of mountain range running through Georgia. The Mount Shkhara at 5,068 m is the highest mountain of Georgia.
· The Mtkvari river is the largest river in the Georgia and it covers an area of 726 Kilometers. The Tbilisi city lies on the banks of the Mtkvari River. Georgia has about 25,000 rivers.
· Some of the UNESCO’s world heritage sites are located at Georgia.
Hostel Facilities Provided by Georgian Medical Universities
Georgian universities take care of foreign students very well. Students are provided with accommodation options with the following facilities.
· Georgia is affordable and cheap when it comes to living cost.
· The MBBS universities in Georgia provide hostel facilities to students.
· The rooms at the hostel are clean, tidy, well furnished and properly maintained by the hostel authorities.
· There is an internet facility in computer labs and also at the hostel.
· The winter months in Georgia are freezing. Thus, during these freezing months, there is a heating facility in the classes and also in the hostel rooms.
· 24 hours supply of electricity and hot and cold water.
Note: Students who don’t want to opt for hostel facility, can go for various off campus and other accommodation options. These options include rented flats or apartments, hotels, lodges, home stay with a host family, etc.
Students would need to check these options budget wise and comfort wise and would need to select the one which best suits their needs and living style.
Things to Remember While Choosing an Accommodation in Georgia
Since choosing accommodation is also as important as choosing the right university, students need to keep these things in mind:
· Students should be aware of all the expenses like electricity, water and food etc.
· To avoid any confusion afterwards, students should always ask to see the contract beforehand.
· They should contact the university in case of any query about housing.
· They should take ample amount of time before making a final decision about any option.
Lifestyle in Georgia
Students should get used to the change in different things while changing the country for education purposes. Following things should be adopted by students to live in Georgia:
· When students go away from their home countries, in a different country then the locations around them differ from their regular lifestyle.
· Thus, students should be flexible to adapt to new environment.
· They should try and accept new people and traditions surrounding them.
· Students should try to live the life of the local people, by tasting their food, communicating in their language, asking queries and then definitely studying MBBS in Georgia, far from their home country would be a joyful and memorable experience for students.
By the onshore flow from the black sea, the city’s climate is heavily influenced.
By the onshore flow from the black sea, the city’s climate is heavily influenced.
· Depending on the eastern and western parts of the country, Georgia has dual climatic conditions. Also depending upon the altitude, the overall climatic conditions of the country differs.
· In the autumn season, there is a dense rainfall. The country experiences condensation throughout the area. Lowlands are extremely hot throughout the year in the Western Georgia.
· In Georgia, summer temperatures are between 20 degree Celsius to 24 degree Celsius. Temperature in winter is around 2 to 4 degree Celsius.
· January is the coldest month with a temperature of 0.9 degree Celsius and July is the hottest month with an average temperature of 24 degree Celsius.
· Humidity is lower in Georgia and average rainfall is 500 to 800 mm per year.
MBBS in Georgia - Important FAQs
Apart from the information provided, here are some frequently asked questions on Quora and Careers 360:
Which are the top medical universities to study MBBS in Georgia?
According to us, ‘Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University’, ‘Tbilisi State Medical University’ these are the top medical universities to study MBBS in Georgia.
What is the time period to complete the whole MBBS course in Georgia?
In Georgia, the course duration of MBBS course is 6 years including 1 year of internship
Are there any disadvantages of studying medicine in Georgia?
There are no disadvantages of studying MBBS in Georgia as per the course. Yet there are few things like the language barrier while living and communicating in the city, and the difference in climate conditions which students need to adapt to.
What is the age limit for studying MBBS in Georgia?
The students should be at least 17 years old and a maximum of 25 years old to study MBBS in Georgia.
What is the cost of studying the MBBS course in Georgia?
The cost of the whole 6 years course of MBBS in Georgia including tuition fee and hostel fee sums up between Rs. 18,00,000 to Rs. 48,00,000 approximately.
How many Indian students are studying in Georgia?
According to the previous records, there are around 2000 Indian students studying in Georgia and every year 500 students are taking admission for MBBS in various universities.
What is the exam pattern for MBBS in Georgia, semester or yearly?
In Georgia, the exam pattern for the MBBS course is yearly based. Students have to attend exams yearly and the marking is based on a credit transfer system.
What are the other charges apart from the tuition fees?
Apart from tuition fees, students need to pay a few one-time charges and a few charges which have to pay every year:
· Visa charges
· Visa extension charges
· Health insurance
· Hostel or accommodation
· Application and registration charges
When are the vacations for the MBBS course in Georgia?
Students can get a big vacation break after the annual exams are over.
Is an MBBS degree from the Georgia valid in India?
Yes, it is valid in India, provided that the degree is from the university which is recognized by the Medical Council of India.
Is it compulsory to learn the Georgian language?
No, it is not compulsory to learn the Georgian language as the teaching medium is in English, but it would be a good idea if you learn the native language as it would help to simplify daily life and communicate with patients who don’t know the English language.
I heard the Indian embassy is not available in Georgia?
Yes, the Indian Embassy is not available in Georgia. The Indian Embassy at Yerevan, Armenia is allocated there to take care of problems, issues, documents, and every possible work for the Indians living in Georgia as well as Armenia. It is advised to students that as soon as they land in Georgia, they should register their names to the Indian Embassy in Armenia.
MCI/FMGE coaching available?
Yes, in all the MCI approved colleges and universities the MCI/FMGE coaching is available to prepare students for FMGE from the first year.